Massage Is Good For Your Health
Massage therapy can play an important role in your health regimen. See what the research says about massage for health and wellness:
1. Control stress: The long-term effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Massage therapy may relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as tension headaches.
2. Get better sleep: Research indicates that massage can improve sleep in those with lower back pain, fibromyalgia, insomnia, pain and other health conditions.
3. Boost mental health and wellness: Research suggests that symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (all associated with mental health) may be directly affected with massage therapy.
4. Manage pain: Pain can negatively affect a person’s quality of life and impede recovery from illness or injury. Research shows massage can help low-back pain, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome and more.
5. Improve physical fitness: Elite and recreational athletes alike can benefit from massage therapy. Massage can help reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
Therapeutic Massage Services
Doria Walsh, LMT uses a variety of modalities to create an eclectic massage style. She will tailor the massage to your specific needs. Her training includes the following styles of massage:
- Deep Tissue
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Infant Massage
- Structural Integration
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Chair Massage
- Myofascial Release
30 Minute Massage: $40
60 Minute Massage: $75
90 Minute Massage: $110
Chair Massage: $75 per hour*
Pediatric Touch Therapy: $40 per half hour session
Please Note: We do not currently accept debit/credit cards for payment. Cash or checks only.
*Doria does not do in-home or travel services except for chair massage events.